Please phone 01902 761 629
Appointments are necessary for all clinics. If you consider your problem urgent tell the receptionist and, if possible, say why (absolute confidentiality is required of our staff and is a condition of their employment)
Patients are allocated a ten-minute appointment. We realise that some consultations may take longer than others and if the surgery does not run strictly to time, please be patient.
We would hope to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment time. If you do have to wait longer than this, you will be given a reason and the opportunity to make another appointment.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible.
You can help us by...
- being on time for your appointment and making sure you tell the receptionist when you arrive.
- Please restrict the number of problems to be discussed appropriately for a ten minute appointment or tell the receptionist when booking that you may need more time.
- Please be aware that the doctor may have to leave the surgery in an emergency. If this happens you will be told.
- Please let us know in good time if you are unable to attend so we can offer your appointment to another patient.
- Usual Doctor vs Different Doctor? When you are making an appointment it is worth thinking about who you want to see. If you have a new or acute problem that seems to need urgent attention then it is reasonable to take the first available appointment with any doctor. However, if you have a chronic or long term condition that a particluar doctor has been dealing with it is often better to wait and see your usual doctor.
- Sometimes problems can be sorted out on the phone and leaving a query with the receptionist for your usual doctor can be a more efficient way of dealing with the issue as the doctor can reply as soon as they become available.